It’s been a while! Sorry about that – some unexpected(ly awesome) life got in the way and I’ve been a bit behind with writing about what I’ve been eating.
Expect more posts to appear over the next week. Meanwhile, some things to check out:
- The Vegan Society of Aotearoa, New Zealand has re-launched! One of the first things they’ve shared is The Big Book of Vegan Products Available Across Aotearoa, a PDF that lists vegan-friendly products available in supermarkets (click on the link from the front page of their website, it’s Flash so doesn’t support direct linking). With membership of the Society, you get a quarterly e-zine, event updates & if you join this month you go in the draw to win a bunch of vegan cheese.
- You can also connect with the Vegan Society on Facebook, where there are discussions, news & vegan product tip-offs.
- There’s also an Auckland Vegans group on Facebook which formed to facilitate regular vegan pot lucks.
- Alice of Angel Food has started a blog: Vegan Zest For Life, which includes recipes, news about her vegan cooking classes, & stories about living vegan.
- Shaky Isles in Kingsland (which has a very palatable vegan brunch option) is on Twitter and Facebook. They’ve been open over the Christmas break, and have been a source of great coffee, breakfast bruschetta & pure-fruit smoothies.
The cupcake above was the first one I bought myself from Revel when I got home from New York in August. Rich chocolate with chocolate chips, peanut butter frosting, and nuts & chocolate on top. A perfect welcome back.